I have been pretty terrible at doing my ‘What I Ate Wednesday’ Posts and it is mainly because I haven’t had much of an appetite the past month or so. However, it is slowly coming back and so I am on the look out for some new meal ideas to spark my interest in cooking again.
I don’t have a recipe book and constantly loose the bits of paper I note down meal ideas on so, I thought I would start a different kind of food series on my Blog of all these different Meal Ideas. That way I have a place to come and browse through recipes if I am ever stuck for ideas and maybe it could be helpful for you. I’m no Gordon Ramsay though so I wouldn’t expect too much from me but I try my best!
Today I tried making Hassleback Potatoes for the first time so, that is where this series will begin:
- 1 large/2 small Baked Potato Per Person.
- Butter (as much as you wish).
- Seasoning (I used Salt, Pepper & Onion Granules).
- Grated Cheddar Cheese
- Streaky Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Wash the potatoes and place on a Baking Sheet.
- Slice the potatoes thinly (about 3-6 mm apart) without cutting all the way through.
Helpful Tip: You could insert a skewer or thin knife along the bottom of the potato to prevent you from cutting the whole way through.
- Melt half of the butter and drizzle over the potatoes and season.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- Remove and drizzle with the remaining butter. Then sprinkle cheese over the tops of the potatoes and return to the oven for a further 20 minutes, or until golden brown and nicely roasted.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon until crispy and crumble it.
- Once ready plate the potatoes up, and top with a little more grated cheese and your crumbled bacon.
- The site where I got this recipe idea topped their potatoes with Sour Cream & Spring Onions.
- I added some guacamole to the top of my potatoes and ate with a baby veg medley.
- Once baby is born I would love to try this with another kind of cheese (maybe blue cheese,feta, or brie).
- Next time I think that I would have this with a side salad (spinach, tomatoes, cucumber & spring onions).
See you next time! x