When I was 20 weeks pregnant I started searching for the best Hospital Bag Checklist so that I could start picking up things here and there. A lot of lists I found online either have the bare minimum or are 100 items long and have things on you have never heard of, it can get pretty overwhelming and confusing. At our first antenatal class one of the handouts was ‘Items to bring to hospital’ and it seems like the perfect list, not too short and not too long. I thought that I would share the list with you in case, like me, you are struggling to find the perfect list. Also if anyone out there thinks there is something crucial missing from my checklist or has a few tips please let me know!
- Maternity Notes.
- Snacks & Drinks.
- Any Medication you usually take, but also make sure you are stocked up on paracetamol for when you are home.
- Toiletries (Toothpaste, face cloth, shampoo, shower gel, conditioner & make up).
- Maternity Pads (2 packs)
- Lots of Maternity Pants.
- Nightie/Loose t-shirt to wear during labour.
- Pjs (front opening if you are breastfeeding).
- Coming home outfit.
- Magazine or book if being induced.
- Your own Pillow and Pillow cover (is nice but not essential).
- Snacks & Drinks.
- Medication you currently take.
- Toothbrush & Fresh t-shirt.
- Cash (Change for the car park).
- Books/games/magazines (if being induced).
- Phone with any contact details you need.
- Cotton Wool.
- Bath Towel.
- Vests & Babygro’s (10 of each so you don’t worry about laundry).
- Cardigan, hat and blanket or snowsuit for going home.
- Car Seat (with instruction manual).
- Muslin Cloths.
- Feeding Equipment you plan to use when home.
I was going to give examples of some of these items but, I thought that might be a bit too long and you will know what all of these things are so I have just left it as a checklist for you to use. Eventually, when it is all ready I will, hopefully, be doing a post about what I have in my hospital bag.
See you next time x
Make sure you don’t miss a post, follow me on: