- This morning I had Quaker Oats So Simple Golden Syrup with a sprinkle of Brown Sugar. Usually I have strawberries or blueberries with my oats but, we didn’t have any left so instead I had an apple.
- I’ve been having a glass of fresh orange juice every morning to get Vitamin C into my body because I realised I wasn’t having enough.
- Finally, I can’t start the day without a nice strong cup of tea. I don’t have sugar in my tea, just a splash of milk.
- I always get hungry again really soon after my first breakfast so I had some toast before getting ready for the day.
- I know brown toast is better for you but I just can’t stand it! I’m also a bit of a freak and I hate it when butter melts into my toast so, I leave it to cool and then butter my toast… don’t judge me.
- For lunch today I had a three egg cheese omelette with three smoked bacon rashers.
- I’m trying to have water or juice with my dinner instead of tea because I’ve not been so good at keeping myself hydrated.
- I had an orange to keep me going when getting ready for antenatal class, these always help when I’m feeling a little bit sick.
- I took a melon snack pack to have when we got out of antenatal class but, I forgot to take a picture of it because I was too busy shovelling it in my mouth (An hour and a half of listening is hungry work).
- We stopped at Sainsburys on the way home and I picked up a flake and had it with a cuppa in bed to reward myself
- For dinner I had Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle which led to a full blown discussion with Ash about how much I love pasta and how easy it is to make. I should live in Italy for sure.
- I hope this was somewhat interesting for you.
- Doing this post definitely made me think a lot more about what I should choose to eat.
- However, I can see that I definitely still have improvements to make in my diet:
- I think my dinner definitely let me down and affected the nutrition figures big time.
- Next week I am going to try and make a healthy cooked meal before we shoot off to antenatal class because by the time we got home I was just so hungry I needed something quick and easy.
- It is definitely hard to eat healthily when you have things to do and you leave the house at 5.45 and don’t get home until after 9 at night.
- My goal for the next ‘What I ate Wednesday’ is to improve on these figures and bring down my Fat & Carbohydrate intake.
See you next week x